Creating temperory files for a web application

koranthala koranthala at gmail.com
Fri May 8 05:26:36 EDT 2009

Hi,
   I am doing web development using Django. I need to create an image
(chart) and show it to the users - based on some data which user
selects.
   My question is - how do I create a temporary image for the user? I
thought of tempfile, but I think it will be deleted once the process
is done - which would happen by the time user starts seeing the image.
I can think of no other option other than to have another script which
will delete all images based on time of creation.
   Since python is extensively used for web development, I guess this
should be an usual scenario for many people here. How do you usually
handle this?