How do I test the integrity of a Python installation in Debian and Ubuntu

Geoff Gardiner ggardiner at iee.org
Sat May 9 05:01:44 EDT 2009

Aahz wrote:
> How important is the apt-get requirement?

That's a significant point, thank you. Two parts to the response:

a) I don't feel that I am sufficiently expert to launch into compilation
of Python if I can avoid it.

b) I hope that I can put all platform risk into the lap of the hosting
provider, and apt-get is probably the only delivery mechanism they will
take any responsibility for. (I want to use their 'standard'.)

All the best,
Geoff