Tutorial or example use for python-graph library

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon May 11 06:56:57 EDT 2009

On May 8, 4:03 pm, Scott David Daniels <Scott.Dani... at Acm.Org> wrote:
> Paul Moore wrote:
> > I have just discovered the python-graph library. I've been interested
> > in graph algorithms for a long time, so I'd like to give this a try.
> > But there seems to be very little in the way of examples, or tutorial
> > documentation available. There's the API documentation, but that's not
> > really narrative form. And there are some examples in the
> > distribution, but these seem to be essentially artificial examples,
> > rather than real-world code (and they don't have much in the way of
> > documentation!)
>
> > Are there any reasonably-sized tutorials, or examples of common real-
> > world code, using this package? My google-fu wasn't strong enough to
> > find anything directly :-(
>
> Try writing one yourself, as you are learning the interface.  The
> package authors will love it, and will probably be overjoyed to
> help you as you stumble.

You're probably right. Some of the concepts (hypergraphs, for example)
are new to me, and I guess I was hoping for some sample code to start
me off understanding what they might be useful for. But I'll go the
other route and search around for some of the theory first and see how
I might apply it, and then try building code from that.

Paul