Convert UNIX formated text files to DOS formated?

walterbyrd walterbyrd at iname.com
Tue May 12 23:42:26 EDT 2009

On May 12, 6:12 pm, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:

> Are you sure you need to do that?  Most Windows programs (including
> Python) are happy reading text files with just \n for line endings.

These files will be looked at by some non-technical people. I am sure
these people will just click on the icons, and the file will come up
in notepad.

But, you are correct, I know that wordpad, and notepad++, and many
other apps will read the UNIX formated files just fine. IMO: notepad
is total junk, but it's still the default text editor on windows.