Help needed to resolve ImportError

Venkat Raju venkatrajui at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 03:04:12 EDT 2009

Hi,
    We currently use VC6.0 and Python 2.2 for our project.

As part of porting our project to VC2005 when i try to compile our application, it gives the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "v:\Component\DS\scripts\messagebuilder\IL_Messagebuilder\test\test_IL_setget.py", line 20, in <module>
import IL_setget
File "\Component\DS\scripts\messagebuilder\IL_messagebuilder\IL_setget.py", line 22, in <module>
import IL_IEbuilder
File "\Component\DS\scripts\messagebuilder\IL_messagebuilder\IL_IEbuilder.py", line 11, in <module>
from MessageDictionary import *
File "\Component\LS\LSPythonFiles\MessageDictionary.py", line 3, in <module>
import ScriptInterpreter
ImportError: No module named ScriptInterpreter

 Basically, we are trying to import a VC compiled DLL into python script which generates another Python file. This issue doesnt occur in VC6.0 setup

I have tried setting path variables and options like copying scriptInterpreter.dll to python installation path and so on. HOwever it doesnt work.

Are there any compatibility issues between VC2005 and python 2.2? HOw can i resolve this.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Venkat

http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/photos.aspx