HTTP HEAD and docxmlrpcserver

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 14 03:13:01 EDT 2009

En Mon, 11 May 2009 04:23:29 -0300, Christopher Mahan
<chris.mahan at gmail.com> escribió:

> I have a docxmlrpcserver install (kissws.com) that's returning HTTP code
> 501
> when the client makes a HEAD request.
>
> Any idea as to whether that's by design?

Yes. The XMLRPC spec defines only the POST request; DocXMLRPCServer
extends the definition so a GET request is interpreted as a documentation
query. Any other method remains undefined and generates a "501 Unsupported
method (xxx)" response.

If you do need HEAD, extend DocXMLRPCRequestHandler to define a do_HEAD
method (same as do_GET but without actually sending the response entity).

--
Gabriel Genellina