SOAPpy(10060, 'Operation timed out')

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Fri May 15 15:32:47 EDT 2009

>ZN> Hi all
>ZN> I am working for a energy company, we currently want to use api to load
>ZN> data into the database.

>ZN> I am new for soappy package. I have done a bit research on
>ZN> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webse ... #resources
>ZN> <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-pyth16/#resour
>ces>
>ZN> and
>ZN> http://www.diveintopython.org/soap_web_ ... gging.html
>ZN> <http://www.diveintopython.org/soap_web_services/debugging.html>

>ZN> I can make none of the examples from tutorial correct.

These examples often use short-lived services. When the tutorials are a
couple of years old, the sites disappear and the examples don't work. I
have given a course on distributed object systems the last years and
every few years I have to change the examples because they stop working.

>ZN> I have also tried the the example from Endolith posted last year.

>ZN> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10038&p=45872&hilit=soap#p45872
>ZN> <http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10038&p=45
>ZN> 872&hilit=soap#p45872>

>ZN> Code: Select all
>ZN> <http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12876##>

>ZN> from SOAPpy import WSDL

>ZN> wsdl_file = 'http://xurrency.com/api.wsdl'
>ZN> server = WSDL.Proxy(wsdl_file)
>ZN> values = server.getValuesInverse('usd')

>ZN> However, I got the error message below:

>ZN> error: (10060, 'Operation timed out')

This works for me. Could it be that the xurrency.com site was
temporarily down? Or that your company's firewall blocks SOAP calls?
maybe you should ask your network manager.

I used this example in my last lectures and it worked also today:

from SOAPpy import SOAPProxy
url = "http://xurrency.com/servidor_soap.php"
namespace = "http://xurrency.com/api.wsdl"
server = SOAPProxy(url, namespace)