Generating Tones With Python

Adam Gaskins agaskins_ng at kelleramerica.com
Sun May 17 22:33:38 EDT 2009

I am pretty sure this shouldn't be as hard as I'm making it to be, but
how does one go about generating tones of specific frequency, volume, and
L/R pan? I've been digging around the internet for info, and found a few
examples. One was with gstreamer, but I can't find much in the
documentation to explain how to do this. Also some people said to use
tksnack snack, but the one example I found to do this didn't do  anything
on my machine, no error or sounds. I'd like this to be cross platform,
but at this point I just want to do it any way I can.

Thanks,
-Adam