Concurrency Email List

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon May 18 11:27:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009, Pete wrote:
> On May 16, 2009, at 7:26 PM, Aahz wrote:
>> On Sat, May 16, 2009, Pete wrote:
>>>
>>> python-concurrency at googlegroups.com is a new email list
>>> for discussion of concurrency issues in python.  It arose
>>> out of Dave Beazley's class on the subject last week:
>>> http://www.dabeaz.com/chicago/concurrent.html
>>>
>>> The list wills serve as a forum for discussion of such topics as:
>>>
>>> * threads
>>> * multiprocessing
>>> * asynchronous
>>> * coroutines
>>> * the GIL
>>>
>>> Hope to see you there!  Join at http://groups.google.com/group/python-concurrency/
>>
>> Is there some reason you chose not to create a list on python.org?
>> I'm not joining the list because Google requires that you create a
>> login.
>
> Because it took less time to create the group on Google than it took for
> me to even find the instructions for doing so on python.org (still
> looking).  That said, I'm happy to move if someone would like to point
> me in the right direction/facilitate.

Just send e-mail to postmaster at python.org -- I'll look into making the
instructions clearer/more visible.

"In 1968 it took the computing power of 2 C-64's to fly a rocket to the moon.
Now, in 1998 it takes the Power of a Pentium 200 to run Microsoft Windows 98.
Something must have gone wrong."  --/bin/fortune