Best library to make XSLT 2.0 transformation

John Krukoff jkrukoff at ltgc.com
Tue May 19 12:25:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 13:42 +0200, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> wdveloper wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I need to make xml transformation using XSLT 2.0 (since i want to use
> > the powerful tag <xsl:result-document> to produce multiple files).
> > In your experience, which kind of library out there is better?
>
> XSLT is a standard, so if you find a library that implements it, there
> shouldn't be much differences.
>
> Having said that, these days lxml2 is the craze, and it contains
> xslt-processing. It would be my first (and hopefully last) stop.
>
> Diez

While I firmly believe lxml is the best python XML library available,
being built on libxml2 means that it only supports XSLT 1.0. As far as I
know, if you want 2.0 support, you still need to be using one of the
Java XSLT processors.
--
John Krukoff <jkrukoff at ltgc.com>
Land Title Guarantee Company