distutils and building an distribution that includes other packages

Paul Hemans darwin at nowhere.com
Tue May 19 23:55:34 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am new to Python, and after a lot of sweat and tears, I have my first app.
Now I need to deploy it to end-users. The application includes the use of
lxml and sqlAlchemy so I need those to install automatically as part of the
installation process. I really don't want the users having to download
various modules and install them. Is this facility (to download and install
other packages seamlessly) part of distutils? If so, I have been looking
around for a simple tutorial on the topic but haven't found anything yet.
Can anyone point me to some information?

Thanks