Performance java vs. python

namekuseijin namekuseijin at gmail.com
Wed May 20 16:04:40 EDT 2009

Ant escreveu:
> # Python
> fh = open("myfile.txt")
>
> for line in fh:
>     print line
>
> // Java

> BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new FileReader
> ("myfile.txt"));
> String line = reader.readLine();
> while (line != null) {
>     System.out.println(line);
> }

> And that's without all of the class/main method boilerplate or try
> catch block required due to checked exceptions.

Indeed, and it's so complex and such a manual burden that you even
forgot a further
line = reader.readLine();

inside your while block.

I find it completely unimaginable that people would even think
suggesting the idea that Java is simpler.  It's one of the most stupidly
verbose and cranky languages out there, to the point you can't really do
anything of relevance without an IDE automatically pumping out lots of
scaffold code for you.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9