Performance java vs. python

Sion Arrowsmith sion at viridian.paintbox
Thu May 21 12:56:40 EDT 2009

Lie Ryan  <lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Sion Arrowsmith wrote:
>> Once, when faced with a rather hairy problem that client requirements
>> dictated a pure Java solution for, I coded up a fully functional
>> prototype in Python to get the logic sorted out, and then translated
>> it. [And it wasn't pleasant.]
>
>Jython ?

This was back during Jython's wilderness years (barely maintained at
2.1 while the rest of us were on 2.3, or something like that. Mind
you, you could argue it's four versions behind at the moment.) Plus, I
was the only Python-head in the company just then. Plus, I meant that
"client requirements dictated a pure Java solution": they required the
ability to do a code audit. It's amazing the number and variety of
people who've drunk the Java Kool-Aid.

--
\S

   under construction