Python Socket Issues with VirtualBox

TechieInsights GDoermann at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:00:57 EDT 2009

I have created a server and client that communicate via a TCP socket
connection.  Everything runs great on 6 of the 6 boxes.  However, when
I installed Sun's VirtualBox on one of the PC's I started getting:
error: (10061, 'Connection refused')

I tried restarting, stopping services, checking out a new copy of the
code, changing ports, changing host names... all fails until I remove
VirtualBox.  I would REALLY like to be able to have both working.  Any
idea what might be causing this and how I could fix it?

Thanks,

Greg