ffmpeg and python big problem

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Fri May 22 14:38:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 13:54:26 +0100, TerabyteST <gabrycir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you give me a link to a version that "works"?

Not with any confidence.  The ffmpeg website (http://www.ffmpeg.org)
has a link to this page (http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/) which seems to
have binaries on it, but I don't use Windows so I have no idea if
they actually work or not.

> For putting the data in the stream I save bmp stills from the webcam
> and then use the write function giving the name of the file.

You don't believe in making life easy for yourself, do you? :-)
Why are you turning stills into a video anyway?  Wouldn't it be easier
to save the webcam output as video (whatever format it claims to be)
and get ffmpeg to work on it directly?

> @Emile: if I can access MEncoder from python and give it the images
> one by one, using a stream like i'm doing in ffmpeg, or telling it a
> sequence to make a video from, I could try it.

You seem to have emailed me directly, not the list.  I've copied this
back to the list so Emile can see it too.