how to get rid of pyc files ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Sun May 24 09:01:51 EDT 2009

hello,

Moving my entire program section between windows and Ubuntu,
sometimes causes problems, due to the existence of pyc-files
(and probably because my program still has hard coded paths).

Now I want get rid of the pyc-files,
so I wrote a py-script to remoce all pyc-files,
but because it's run from the same program section,
a few pyc files are recreated.

Is there a way to prevent generating pyc-files ?
Or is there a way to redirect the generated pyc-files to a dedicated
location ?

btw, What commandline switches are available for python ?
(googling didn't give me any relevant hits )

thanks,
Stef Mientki