how to get rid of pyc files ?

pythoncurious at gmail.com pythoncurious at gmail.com
Sun May 24 13:09:13 EDT 2009

On May 24, 3:58 pm, John Machin <sjmac... at lexicon.net> wrote:

> What problems? Like avoiding having to recompile your .py files makes
> your app run too fast?

There are real problems with this. I'm having similar problems when
switching
between Solaris and Windows.
The code is in clearcase, which uses some sort of network file
system.
In our case, that means that I'll be accessing the same directories
from both
platforms, so .pyc-files from one platform will be visible when I run
the
code on the other platform.

The .pyc-file will contain a string pointing to the file is was built
from.
The path to that file will be different under different platforms, so
when the
string is used, there will be error printouts.
At least I think that's the problem, the error printouts contains
paths that
are only valid on the other platform.
I don't have access to those computers atm, so I can't show the exact
message.

The only solution I've seen is to make sure to clean up the .pyc files
each
time I switch platform.