[ANN] pyTenjin 0.7.0 - the fastest and full-featured template engine
kwatch at gmail.com
Sun May 24 17:57:42 CEST 2009
I have released pyTenjin 0.7.0
pyTenjin is the fastest template engine for Python.
It is not only very fast but also full-featured and easy-to-use.
You can embed Python statements and expressions into your text file.
Tenjin converts it into Python program and evaluate it.
* very fast
- x2 faster than Mako
- x3 faster than Cheetah and Myghty
- x9 faster than Django
- x60 faster than Kid
- layout template
- partial template
- and so on...
You can see the detail of benchmark at:
(benchmark script is included in pyTenjin distribution.)
Enhancements in 0.7.0
* Python 3.0 is now supported officially.
* Google AppEngine (GAE) supported.
* Logging support.
* enerate_tostrfun() can take not only encode-encoding but also
* (Experimental) HTML helper functions are now provided.
* New command-line option '-a cache' supported.
* You can share caches between all engine objects.
* Pickle-base and text-base template caching support.
See CHANGES.txt for details.
Changes in 0.7.0
* 'cache' option for tenjin.Engine() changed.
* to_str() is changed to encode unicode object into binary(=str)
using utf-8 encoding in default.
* Benchmark script now skips to do benchmark template libraries
which are failed to import.
Bugfix in 0.7.0
* In preprocessing, error was raised when expression is not string.
Download and Install
$ sudo eazy_install Tenjin
$ wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tenjin/Tenjin-0.7.0.tar.gz
$ tar xzf Tenjin-0.7.0.tar.gz
$ cd Tenjin-0.7.0
$ sudo python setup.py install
* User's Guide
* (Presentation) Tenjin - the fastest template engine in the world
More information about the Python-list