PureData py/pyExt into standalone python

responsible7 at gmail.com responsible7 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 03:38:30 EDT 2009

Hi again,

Comments inline:

edexter wrote:
> This might be usefull do you intend to release this code??

I do, but I want to release it as self contained Python code, at the
moment there are many dependencies. Communication between the classes
relies on py/pyExt, which relies on Flext, which relies on PureData,
which relies on Tk and Wish84, and so on and so on...

The bits of code I have written are just simple "if this string of
bytes arrived, send this string to this other blob of code" so they
don't pull in any other python extensions, it's all core stuff. only
the "send this string" part involves the py/pyExt stuff.

> There are some midi libraries that may be helpful, it is hard to tell
> what you need without seeing the code

I'm already using pyPortMidi for the midi communication. I'm just
floundering a bit when it comes to understanding how to get the
classes I've written to all exist as objects in "python-land" and
communicate between one another.