Optimizing math functions

Charlie charlietaylor at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 25 04:48:03 EDT 2009

Esmail <ebonak <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Charlie wrote:
> >
> > You might also look at:
> > http://pyparasol.sourceforge.net/example_1.html
>
> Thanks for this lead, I had never heard of parasol before. Do you know
> if this also works under Linux? The docs mention only the Windows platform,
> but given that this is Python perhaps it is save to assume this would also
> work under Linux?
>
> Esmail

It might work under Linux, however, it was developed under Windows and, to my
knowledge, has never been tested on a Linux machine.  Basic operation only
depends on installations of matplotlib, numpy, and scipy.  Those packages are
all available on Linux.

If you try it, I'd like to know the outcome.

The parasol options to launch Microsoft Office apps Excel, Power Point, and
Word; or the ray tracing app POV-Ray, will very likely fail.

Charlie