What text editor is everyone using for Python

LittleGrasshopper seattlehanks at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 13:35:03 EDT 2009

With so many choices, I was wondering what editor is the one you
prefer when coding Python, and why. I normally use vi, and just got
into Python, so I am looking for suitable syntax files for it, and
extra utilities. I dabbled with emacs at some point, but couldn't get
through the key bindings for commands. I've never tried emacs with vi
keybindings (I forgot the name of it) but I've been tempted.

So what do you guys use, and why? Hopefully we can keep this civil.