how to get rid of pyc files ?

pythoncurious at gmail.com pythoncurious at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:00:00 EDT 2009

On May 25, 12:08 am, Dave Angel <da... at ieee.org> wrote:

> Is Clearcase still around?  I hope it works better than it did in 1992.

I don't know how it worked back then, but if it's worse than today, I
don't know how they ever managed to get people to use it. I'm not a
fan and I don't have a choice about using it :)

> Somebody else has already pointed out that you can tell Python not to
> create thosefiles(during your development stages).

Yes, that's probably the best way to sort out the problems.
It would of course be nice if python could detect that these files
aren't usable and just regenerate them. I realise it might not be a
trivial feature to implement though.

> Perhaps Clearcase supports some form of "exclusion" parameter, wherein
> you say not to do version control onfileswith certain patterns, like .pyc

They're not actually version controlled, but "view private" as someone
described. This means I'll see them whenever I'm using the view they
were created in.