Network programming ?

Ralf Schoenian ralf at schoenian-online.de
Mon May 25 23:33:25 EDT 2009

thushianthan15 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am planning to develop a chatting software in Python, for my college
> project. I am using Windows Vista. Is it possible to do sockets
> programming in Python ? Any books or websites ?  Also, i want to
> develop a gui for that program. What are the gui tool kits available
> for windows? I already knew about PyGtk and PyQT, but will they work
> properly in Windows platform? Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you. Excuse my English.

You forgot to mention the other big gui toolkits tkinter and wxPython.
Years ago, I decided for wxPython because of its licence and that it is
useable at windows and linux. For the socket programming I would like to
suggest using the xmlrpclib. You can find the official documentation
here: http://docs.python.org/library/xmlrpclib.html

Regards,
Ralf Schoenian