What text editor is everyone using for Python

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue May 26 09:25:04 EDT 2009

Why buy an IDE when you just need a text editor ? I don't get it.
Anyway gvim (aka vim aka vi) and emacs are the most powerful editors for
years. Both have Windows and Linux version and most important, they both
are very effective at editing any file type (python, C, latex, love
letters...)
Emacs is more accessible to the newby but requires time to master its
complex features.
Gvim may be complex for the newby due to its command/insertion mode
constant switch, but is as powerful as emacs can be. Being a gvim adept,
I should stat that gvim is far better but it would only feed the
neverending war.

Jean-Michel