What text editor is everyone using for Python

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue May 26 19:58:51 EDT 2009

In article <mailman.764.1243352981.8015.python-list at python.org>,
 Bar Shirtcliff <barshirtcliff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't say a thing about other editors, except that when some shell
> script perversely dumped me into vi a month ago, I felt as horrified
> as if some actually living bugs had crawled out of my own reflection
> on the computer screen and fallen, clicking and scraping, onto the
> keyboard.  That's a personal reaction - totally irrelevant, of course.

<esc> : q ! <return>

All the vi you ever need to know :-)

The real problem is when you get dumped into some editor other than you one
you expected and don't realize it for a while.  It's really amazing how
much damage you can do to a file by typing (for example) emacs commands at
vi.  Especially if you accidentally stumble upon the sequence for "save
file".