How to ask smart questions question

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:26:17 EDT 2009

On May 26, 7:48 am, Gary Herron <gher... at islandtraining.com> wrote:
> John wrote:
> > I'm okay with init, but it seems to me that enter is redundant since
> > it appears that anything you want to execute in enter can be done in
> > init.
>
> The proper response to a question like this has to be
>    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> as anything else is complete guesswork.

Is there a Cliff's Notes version of this?

I may be a cynic but I would think the people who ask bad questions
are the same sort of people who won't have the patience to sit though
this behemoth of an essay.

And I may be a romantic but I would think most people who post this
are really trying to be helpful and not just saying, "Out of my midst,
vile newbie, until thou hearkenst unto the sacred words".

So, it would seem that a summary (with citations) of the essay would
be useful.

Carl Banks