What text editor is everyone using for Python

Teguh Iskanto tiskanto at gmail.com
Wed May 27 01:29:40 EDT 2009

Have you tried vim ? it has got tons of tons of features, like ( just
to name a few)  : file manager, color syntax, tab screen,
command/syntax completion (cache only) , vertical split, horizontal
split, colorful diffing, create a patch, etc .. you name it  !! .
There's also plugins / script that people share @
http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php. Also Vim comes in Windows/Unix
version :)

IMO, you don't even need an IDE, if you combined vim + "screen" ( man
screen ) as both are really powerful tools
for example: you're working in the office and connected to your remote
CVS server, with "screen" you can lock the screen with password &
detach it. once you're @ home and want to continue to work , you just
need to log in to that cvs server again and do "screen -r" and voila
your session is still there :)

BTW: "screen" does split screen too :)

HTH