What text editor is everyone using for Python

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:14:32 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Andreas Roehler
<andreas.roehler at online.de> wrote:
> Rhodri James wrote:
>> and I'll get over that.  The feature that caused me to uninstall
>> python-mode.el was its bloody-minded determination to regard '_' as a word
>> character, something which caused me more typing that it ever saved.
>
> Its just one line to comment in python-mode.el, like this:
>
>  ;; (modify-syntax-entry ?\_ "w"  py-mode-syntax-table)

 Not really a good idea to make minor changes to distributed elisp.
You'll have to keep redoing the change every time a new version comes
out.
 Better to put something like this in your .emacs file.

  (eval-after-load "python-mode"
    '(modify-syntax-entry ?\_ " " py-mode-syntax-table))