Parsing DTDs

Tom Anderson twic at urchin.earth.li
Fri May 29 08:56:29 EDT 2009

Hello!

I would like to parse XML DTDs. The goal is to be able to validate
XML-like object structures against DTDs in a fairly flexible way, although
i can get from a parsed DTD to a validation engine myself, so that's not
an essential feature of the parser (although it would be nice!). What
should i do?

A bit of googling revealed that the xmlproc package contains a DTD parser
that looks like it does just what i want, and that xmlproc became PyXML,
and that PyXML is no longer maintained.

Is there a DTD parser that is being maintained? Or does it not really
matter that PyXML is no longer maintained, given that it's not like the
DTD spec has changed very much?

Thanks,
tom

--
Many of us adopted the File's slang as our own, feeling that we'd found a
tangible sign of the community of minds we'd half-guessed to be out there.