Compiling and transporting modules/libraries in python

Abe abeGong at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:27:16 EDT 2009

Hi all -
  I hope this is a simple question, but I've been running in circles
trying to figure it out myself.  Is there a good way to wrap up a
library (e.g. numpy or matplotlib) so that I can use it on another
machine without actually installing it?

    I use python at a home office and in a university computer lab,
but I don't have the administrative rights to install libraries on the
lab computers.  It would be really nice if there were a way I could
put, say, all of numpy into a file "my_numpy.pyc" and treat it as a
single (large) module.

thanks
-Abe

PS - If the answer somehow involves compileall, could you spell it out
for me?  I haven't been able to figure how to make compileall work for
this.