automated web with python?

CoolGenie CGenie at gmail.com
Sun May 31 15:08:16 EDT 2009

Hello,
Recently my company changed the system. It is better for the
management, but for us workers it is a nightmare. For example, we are
required to enter a huge database (nested) using a web form! Make one
mistake and you have to edit it and then use 4 mouse clicks, not
counting the time it takes to load every web page.
My question is: can Python somewhat relieve this pain? Maybe this web
browser stuff could be somewhat automated... At first check it doesn't
seem easy, since it uses authorization methods, aspx, and so on... And
we don't have access to the underlying database, only this stupid web
form.
I'll appreciate any help.
Best regards,
Przemek