How to measure the memory cost in Python?

CTO debatem1 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 13:29:36 EDT 2009

Alright, it's pretty obvious that I have a lot to learn before I'll be
able
to intelligently address this problem, but if somebody could point me
at
something that would help me figure out the terminology at least I'd
really
appreciate it. From what you're saying, it sounds like a combination
of the
above approaches would do what I'm asking- ie, get all the containers,
then
get the contents of each container- but I don't see why that would
work
unless gc tracks some kind of global container for small values,
which, as
I (poorly) understand it, are tracked separately?

Thanks again,
Geremy Condra