Error in running python -v on Mac ox 10.5.

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Tue May 5 17:03:28 EDT 2009

>s> Hi,

>s> I run 'python -v' on Macos 10.5 but I get this error :
>s> # can't create /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
>s> 2.5/lib/python2.5/encodings/utf_8.pyc

>s> Can you please tell me how to fix it?

This looks like the utf_8.py file has not been compiled in the
installation. Looks like a (not serious) bug to me.

Probably sudo python -v would solve it (even without -v, but it will
tell you that it wrote the .pyc file).

>s> And why I am seeing a lot of 'install' message' when i run 'python -
>s> v'? I don't think I see that many
>s> install message on linux.

I don't see 'install' messages in the included text.
>s> Here is the full message.  Thanks for any help.
[deleted]
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org