Get multiprocessing.Queue to do priorities

uuid M8R-gqmgb4 at mailinator.com
Sun May 10 10:30:53 EDT 2009

Dear Jesse,
thanks for the hint.

I see you are already assigned to the FIFO bug
(http://bugs.python.org/issue4999), so I won't burden you even more.
Clearly, a reliable FIFO behavior of multiprocessing.Queue helps more
than a priority queue, since it can be used to build one, so that
should really be the first thing to fix.

In the meantime, I think I'll whip up a hack that uses sort of a
bucket- strategy: fill up a prioritized heapq, and then, in regular
intervals, unload its contents into a size-limited multiprocessing
queue.

I'll post this as soon as it works.

-u