package with executable

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Wed May 20 11:14:44 EDT 2009

Il Wed, 20 May 2009 07:01:39 +0100, A. Cavallo ha scritto:

> With the standard distutils (no need for setuptools) the config.py file
> might look like:

Right, I ended up using setuptools just because I used paster to create
the project layout. I'll think about using plain distutils instead.

> import gnucal must work. If you're developing from the sources (eg.
> without having the package installed) you need to be in the same dir
> where the gnucal.py is or you need to set PYTHONPATH in order to find
> the directory gnucal (the one containing __init__.py).

Right now, the problem is that upon installing "import gnucal" works in
the python interactive interpreter, but gnucal.py raises an exception
that it's not able to import gnucal.core and friends.

> At line 101 the statement sys.exit("Please.. should be
> parser.error("Please..

Good point! Thanks,
steko