py2app and OpenGL, "No module named util" in ctypes

norseman norseman at hughes.net
Thu May 28 17:25:48 EDT 2009

Ned Deily wrote:
> In article
> <b09874da-5dcb-4b60-aae8-f430f1db5ba1 at o20g2000vbh.googlegroups.com>,
>  trhaynes <trhaynes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to use py2app to package an OpenGL app [...]
>
> You might try asking on the pythonmac-sig list: more py2app users there
> most likely.

> [or]
> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.apple

=========================
trhaynes;

Re: py2app and OpenGL, "No module named util" in ctypes

That's funny:

import ctypes
help(ctypes)
    --- start screen dump ---
Help on package ctypes:

NAME
     ctypes - create and manipulate C data types in Python

FILE
     /usr/local/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py

MODULE DOCS
     /mnt/mass/py/man/py-chm/module-ctypes.html

PACKAGE CONTENTS
     _endian
     macholib (package)
     test (package)
     util                           <<<<<-------------
     wintypes

CLASSES
     __builtin__.object
         CDLL
             PyDLL
         LibraryLoader
    --- end screen dump ---

I assume py2app can't find/load it???  I wasn't in at the start of this
thread.

If you do need it,

import ctypes
from ctypes import util

I know the *import ctypes* line is supposed to be *not needed*, but I
find Python works more as expected with it.

I also assume you have seen .../pythonXX/distutils and dist.pdf?  Just
in case you have not - take a look. Supposed to be how to package one's
stuff for distribution.

At least with python 2.5.2
on Linux Slackware 10.2
Today is: 20090528