How to import only one module in a package when the package has already imports the modules?

Robert Kern robert.kern at
Sun Nov 1 20:46:42 CET 2009

Peng Yu wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> <steve at> wrote:

>> Oh wait, I get it... you want to do a global search-and-replace over the
>> entire file. *face-palm*
> Yes. You get it.

In any capable programmer's editor, it should not be hard to do a local
search-and-replace over just the one function.

Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco