About one class/function per module

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 02:27:32 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:02 PM, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 2, 8:11 am, Peng Yu <pengyu... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I prefer organized my code one class/function per file (i.e per module
>> in python). I know the majority of programmers don't use this
>> approach. Therefore, I'm wondering what its disadvantage is.
> You mean, what disadvantages it has _other_ than the ones you've been
> experiencing?
> Aren't those enough to warrant actually working with Python's import
> mechanism rather than against it?

At least, I can use the following for now with one class/function per
module. Unless this one class/function per module style have other
disadvantages in term software engineering, I still can live with
typing the class name (e.g. 'A') twice.

 import test.A

So I am asking disadvantages besides python import mechanism is not
friendly to it.