Pyfora, a place for python

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Nov 2 10:38:06 EST 2009

Kee Nethery wrote:

> I just noticed the tag line "a place for Python". Looked it up online
> (http://pyfora.org/ ) and it will be interesting to see if it can fill the
> void that I experience (no centralized place to post and view user
> submitted sample code) in the existing Python community.

ASPN cookbook?

And I don't think that a phpBB (or commercial rip-off) forum can be good at
that - the search-function of these things sucks big time, and
classification through tagging or hierarchical organization is also not
possible.

> My personal preference would be a link in each sub-paragraph in the
> official documentation to a wiki page devoted to that specific aspect
> of the Python language. A place were users could augment the
> documentation by providing sample code and by expanding out the
> documentation for those of us who don't live and breath Python in our
> sleep. Real Python coders would not click on the user wiki links and
> all of us newbies could communicate with each other. But until a place
> like that exists, perhaps Pyfora will get us part way there.

This idea has been discussed before, and unfortunately not bore any fruits
so far - one of the few places PHP is actually better than Python. So I'd
love to see it happen.

However I totally fail to see how the pyfora are any step into that
direction.

Diez