How do I install libxml2 and libxslt?

Kevin Ar18 kevinar18 at
Mon Nov 2 16:41:18 CET 2009

I want to use the lxml library, but can't get it to work on Windows.

The following will not work:
* import libxml2
* import libxslt
* from lxml import etree

Here's the instructions:

* So, I run "easy_install lxml" -- that works!
* Now, it says I need to install libxml2 and libxslt... how do I do that?, I download the libxml2 and libxslt pre-built Windows binaries here:
Now what do I do with them?
I opened the zip files and copied the bin directories to Python\Lib ... like this: Python\Lib\libxml2\libxml2.dll ... that doesn't work. I copy just dll to Python\DLLs ... that doesn't work.

What now?