About one class/function per module

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:06:20 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant
<jeanmichel at sequans.com> wrote:
> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>>
>> Peng Yu wrote:
>>

>>>  I can navigate to the definition of
>>> class and function by vim + ctags,
>>>

>> Start learning a decent editor (emacs is mine) which allows you to deal
>> with all of your perceived "problems"
>> Diez
>>

> This is a declaration of war against the vi community. We won't give up,
> prepare for vengeance !
> By the way, why the hell would someone wants to limit itself to one function
> per file, file names would be probably related to the function name, that
> would make changing function name a nightmare, not mentiong the history
> issues when using version control systems. Definitely a bad idea.

I use vi rather than emacs. I stick to vi because I stated with vi and
I don't what to use both editors but only at an amateur level.

With some automated script, I don't think it is a nightmare to change
function names. I can change function names and filenames and their
reference with a simple command.

I'd think that this is the limitation of current version control
system. I don't aware of any version control system that allows easy
change of filenames. But why such features can not be implemented in
the version control system?