Feedback wanted on programming introduction (Python in Windows)

Rhodri James rhodri at
Tue Nov 3 01:21:50 CET 2009

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:49:50 -0000, Alf P. Steinbach <alfps at>

> * Rhodri James:
>> On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 21:20:20 -0000, Alf P. Steinbach <alfps at>
>> wrote:
>>> * Rhodri James:
>>  This is a weird attribution style, by the way.  I don't think it helps.
> That's a pretty weird thing to comment on.
> And as far as I can see the comment doesn't make sense except as an
> attempt to find something negative to say.
> But anyway, the point about '*' was, once upon a time, that it made for
> a very clear style of quoting in old newsreaders. Nowadays the tools are
> generally of lesser quality (e.g. I'm using Thunderbird). And so it
> doesn't really have much of that advantage left, but I'm using it
> anyway; I can be pretty stubborn about issues of quality.

I'm struggling to recall as single instance of this in all of my Usenet
days.  And failing.

And with that, I officially give up on you.