About one class/function per module

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 22:50:56 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:39 PM, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peng Yu <pengyu... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think that this is a problem that can not be overcome. A
>> simple solution might be to associate a unique identifier to each
>> file, so that even the filename has been changed, the new version and
>> the old version can still be identified as actually the same file.
>
> Or, again, you could work _with_ the tools you're using in the way
> they're meant to be used, rather than re-inventing the whole process
> of version control yourself.

I'm not trying to reinvent a new version control. But due to this
drawback, I avoid use a version control system. Rather, I compressed
my source code in a tar file whenever necessary. But if a version
control system has this capability, I'd love to use it. And I don't
think that no version control system support this is because of any
technical difficult but rather because of practical issue (maybe it
takes a lot efforts to add this feature to an existing version control
system?).