read Zipfile

Tim Chase python.list at
Tue Nov 3 03:29:44 CET 2009

> Looks like you'd have to use the more primitive .read() method:

Unfortunately, the reads the entire content.  One
of the main reasons to zip things is that they're big -- possibly
too big to fit conveniently in memory.  I don't know about the
OP's use-case, so .read() might suffice if the resulting content
is small enough.  In my case[1], it was a zip containing multiple
 >700MB MS-Access .mdb files that I needed to stream to temporary
disk storage and using .read() killed my dev machine.