self.__dict__ tricks

Ben Finney ben+python at
Wed Nov 4 03:59:03 CET 2009

Simon Brunning <simon at> writes:

> 2009/11/1 Steven D'Aprano <steve at>:
> >
> > The only stupid question is the one you are afraid to ask.
> I was once asked, and I quote exactly, "are there any fish in the
> Atlantic sea?"
> That's pretty stupid. ;-)

Not at all. The person asking the question might be ignorant of the
facts about fishing, or the Atlantic, or marine ecosystems in that
region, etc., in which case the question is smart and wise and to the

Especially compared with the alternative: not asking the question
perpetuates the ignorance.

 \     “If I had known what it would be like to have it all... I might |
  `\     have been willing to settle for less.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily |
_o__)                                                           Tomlin |
Ben Finney