About one class/function per module

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Wed Nov 4 13:15:01 EST 2009

Peng Yu wrote:
> With some automated script, I don't think it is a nightmare to change
> function names. I can change function names and filenames and their
> reference with a simple command.
>
> I'd think that this is the limitation of current version control
> system. I don't aware of any version control system that allows easy
> change of filenames. But why such features can not be implemented in
> the version control system?

So one function per files bring so many problems that you need an
automated script to change one function name and complain about version
control systems messing up with your file history.
Still you insist on stating that this is the solution and that version
control system have to adapt.
It has already been told to you, and you should really consider the
following advice:
When everything is wrong except you, it may happen that *your* are
somehow wrong.

Among all the responses you got, I don't remember any one that would
suggest you are in the right way. So what is your conclusion now ?

JM