distutils.core.setup --install-script option in Python 2.6 ?

j vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 6 05:30:32 EST 2009

j vickroy wrote:
> Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>> En Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:15:06 -0300, j vickroy <jim.vickroy at noaa.gov>
>> escribió:
>>
>>> I have just upgraded from Python 2.5 to 2.6 and am unable to locate
>>> any trace of the --install-script option, in release 2.6.4 (MS
>>> Windows XP), for distutils.core.setup.  I also have been unable to
>>> locate any mention of it on-line.
>>
>> Do you mean this option?
>> http://docs.python.org/distutils/builtdist.html#the-postinstallation-script
>>
> ... actually, I really do mean the --install-script option
Oh my, you are exactly right.  That is it.  That is what happens when I
work at 3:00 AM.

What I did not communicate clearly in my initial posting is that
--install-script does not seem to be accepted in 2.6.4 and I could find
no mention of that being the case on-line.  Nor could I find this option
in the 2.6.4 distutils source code of my Python installation.