Cpython optimization

Roy Hyunjin Han patrol at invisibleroads.com
Fri Nov 6 12:33:16 EST 2009

On 10/21/2009 01:28 PM, Qrees wrote:
> As my Master's dissertation I chose Cpython optimization. That's why
> i'd like to ask what are your suggestions what can be optimized. Well,
> I know that quite a lot. I've downloaded the source code (I plan to
> work on Cpython 2.6 and I've downloaded 2.6.3 release). By looking at
> the code I've found comment's like "this can be optimized by..." etc.
> but maybe you guide me what should I concentrate on in my work?
>
> I've 6-7 month  for this and If I create something decent I can
> publish it.

Hi Qrees,

Have you heard of the Unladen Swallow project? It is an optimization
branch of CPython. Perhaps you can talk to some of the people working on
the project. http://code.google.com/p/unladen-swallow/

RHH

--
Get customized Python tutorials and live instruction for your business,
research or programming problem