exception due to NoneType

asit lipun4u at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 14:08:18 EST 2009

On Nov 7, 10:36 pm, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
> asit a écrit :
>
> > In my program I want to catch exception which is caused by accessing
> > NoneType object.
>
> > Can anyone suggest me how this can be done ??
>
> Not without the minimal working code exposing your problem, or the full
> traceback you got. Merely "accessing NoneType object" doesn't by itself
> raise any exception... I suspect you get the None object where you
> expected something else and try to access an attribute of this
> 'something else', and ends up getting an AttributeError, but there are
> other possible scenarii that might fit your (very poor) description of
> the problem, so no way too help you without more informations. As a
> general rule, remember that the traceback is actually meant to *help*
> finding out what went wring.

I could have described the error, but the problem is that it's
dependent of a third party library..

Let me write the code here...

import twitter

api = twitter.Api('asitdhal','swordfish')
users = api.GetFriends()
for s in users:
    print
    print "##########################################"
    try:
        print "user id : " + str(s.id)
        print "user name : " + s.name
        print "user location : " + s.location
        print "user description : " + s.description
        print "user profile image url : " + s.profile_image_url
        print "user url : " + s.url
        print "user status : " + str(s.status)
    except TypeError:
        pass

look at the except TypeError. This is supposed to catch only exception
thrown by NoneType.

please help me.