Pyfora, a place for python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 7 15:39:50 EST 2009

Saketh wrote:
> On Nov 4, 5:28 pm, Alan Franzoni <doesnotex... at franzoni.invalid>

> My small effort to create a place for discussing Python seems to have
> sparked a larger discussion than I had anticipated. My intent in
> creating Pyfora is not to splinter the community or encroach upon
> comp.lang.python users, but to create an alternative location where
> users can discuss Python. If this offends or irritates anyone, please
> accept my humble apologies.
>
> I understand that forums can be degenerate and uncivil, but my hope is
> that with Pyfora, beginners will have a place to freely ask questions
> in a genial environment. A large part of my computer upbringing was on
> forums, and I wanted to share that experience with new Python users.

I have no problem with efforts to create something new and different. I
am curious whether you were or have become aware of

http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/index.php

It seems to already do what you intended to do, so if you want to
continue, you might think of how to differentiate PyFora.

Terry Jan Reedy